A moment

A moment
"I think, therefore I am"

Saturday, April 9, 2011

To My Dear Classmates of 1971


We can only remember the faces and those we knew associated with the time on our yearbook. 

Are we still the same, or have we changed?  Some of us are not the same, just like our pictures are nor the same, 40 years later.  I learned that after meeting some old friends who expected my lexicon and humor to be as use to be when I was younger.  They told me “You are not the Decio we use to know.”  I changed, but hey expected my humor to be the same.  

I had already read the bible, and I had decided to build my character according to what I saw as pleasing to God; however, I am still working at it.  Whether we want to or not, we grow intellectually or with the lack thereof.  The bottom line is: none of us is the same as we use to be. 

However, even though I only remember who you were, I try not to remember who I was.  I will also respect who you are.  I hope someday to meet each one from our class, even though some from our group have returned to our Creator, I wonder and inside I still don’t quite accept that they are no longer with us, because I only remember them as young as I knew them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me wrong!