A moment

A moment
"I think, therefore I am"

Saturday, August 13, 2011

As Time Goes By

As Time Goes By

My message to each and every class mate.
Each person is the captain of his or her own fate.

I just wish I could go back on time of long ago
But, I realize, it’s rational to just let go.

You my class mates who taught me and led me.
I am glad for each of you who helped me to see.

There were things that I did not know if they were fact.
Thus, my ignorance resulted at times, a foolish act.

Only decades later did I notice the culture chock
It was too late, I couldn’t turn back the clock.

In October 19, of 1969, four, I did hurt indeed.
Please accept my apologies for such foolish deed.

Two guys and two girls; the guys are gone--RIP.
One girl I don’t remember; with the other, it was a flip.

Some of you only showed me kindness, and that was cool.
But, to each mate I ask forgiveness, for I was a big fool.

A full time worker at knight, and I was a student by day.
I thought that I would never learn English that way.

Thus, to study was a big sacrifice, and impossible at times.
Studying at the high-school parking lot, as common as dimes.

The impossible came, and I did graduate, like a long dream,
Only because I choose sacrifice, even as late, as it did seem.

Thus, the military became a path of many paths to come.
Today, I teach English and I write; contrary to times gone.

I have embraced the Gospel with all my heart and soul
I love to read what was translated from each holy scroll.

So, I think, thus, I am no longer a fool, and I am not a clown.
But, at this age, how much longer until I return to the ground.

So, my dear mates, I thank you, for what I did learn from you.
May God bless your lives, with His blessings that do come true.

Decio F. F. Leonardo, August 13, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me wrong!