A moment

A moment
"I think, therefore I am"

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

LDS Money

In response to Bloomburgs' Caroline Winter on the LDS Church's Money
of July 18 2012

LDS Money

When there are disasters, the LDS church is normally one of the first to pump aid in the form of food, and emergency items needed.  Sometimes, the LDS church even gives such help via other charitable organizations—the goal is to help the needy.  So, the LDS church needs money to help the needed; but of the church’s money, there is none for personal use.  So, how does the Red Cross help? How does our Government help?  The answer is with money.  In the LDS church nobody asks you individually to pay tithing; that is a personal option between the person and God.  I joined the LDS church almost 30 years ago, and I have attended about a dozen wards (congregations) because I have moved around; and I always felt comfortable.  No one ever told me that I had to pay tithing.  As a former Catholic, I was raised on faith and giving to God.  Other denominations/churches that I have attended also have tithing.  Who pays for the chapels and other buildings?  Who pays for the farms to help the poor.  My Jewish and Muslim friends pay tithing too, so what is the author Caroline Winter trying to prove?  It would be ethical for the author to mention that LDS chapels are built 100% from Church Headquarters’ funds, and the money to maintain the building and all activities comes 100% from Salt lake, and money to help the needy comes from salt lake.  Also, there are wards that could never maintain their own building because of economic-demographics.  Yet all LDS buildings have the same level of comfort.  That is in tune with the popular agenda of equality.  Winter’s article appears to be based on envy rather than the truth.  A good journalist has the ethical duty to present both sides of the issue—side by side, for the reader to form the conclusion.
You can chekc her article at:
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-07-10/how-the-mormons-make-money#post_comment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me wrong!